AUSTRALIA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Australia is a popular destination for many reasons. Australia is not only famous for beautiful landscape, but also scores high on access to education, high life expectancy and socio-economic progress. There are 2 cities that are the most popular cities for internships: Sydney & Melbourne.
Sydney - Australia’s largest economy and serves as the finance and business center of Australia. It is also the largest manufacturing hub in Australia, with the focus on high-tech manufacturing. As one of the most influential city in the world, Sydney is teeming with opportunities to start your international career. It is home to more than 500 multinational corporations and NGOs, where you will have wide range of opportunities for your internship.
With a combination of beautiful nature and modern architecture, Sydney is one of the top tourism destinations in Australia. It is considered one of the most diverse cities in the world, with over 40% of its population are originally from outside Australia. With more than 250 languages spoken in Sydney, it is definitely a melting pot of culture.
Melbourne - As Australia’s second largest city, Melbourne is a center of trade and commerce. It is where Australia’s busiest seaport is located, cementing its place as the leading financial center in Asia-Pacific region. With a dynamic work environment and welcoming locals, Melbourne is one of the best cities to work and learn.
Melbourne is Australia’s culture capital, with many museums, art galleries and festivals, and vibrant music scene. A very artistic city, it is a center for Australia’s creative industry. As the only city in the world that won the title of the world’s most livable city five consecutive times, it ranks very high in education, health care, entertainment, R&D, tourism, and sport. Another great thing about Melbournians is their love for good food. When you intern in Melbourne, you will be spoiled by abundant choices of Fresh-food, fine coffee, to the best pizza place in Australia. There is no place like Melbourne!
With our Australia Internship Program, you will have the chance to get an internship in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, IT, Logistics / Supply Chain, and Marketing fields.
Explore more cities for internship in Australia: Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth!
Australia Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Australia Internship Program is available anytime along the year for 12 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday.
Suggested Activities in Australia
1. Surf! – Sydney has a great reputation as surfers’ hot spot. It has approximately 70 surf beaches for all levels of surfing skill. Top spots include Bondi, Manly, North Narrabeen, Cronulla, and Maroubra.
2. Watch performances at the Sydney Opera House -The city’s busiest multi-venue music, arts, and performances center is one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. This iconic building host around 1,500 performances annually, and is one of the top attractions in Australia.
3. Experience Melbourne’s café culture – Australia’s famous cafe culture started in Melbourne way back in the 19th century. The city promised exquisite coffee that you can find almost anywhere. Melbourne even held its own World Championship for Baristas! Try Australia’s best coffee at Patricia Coffee Brewers, Brother Baba Budan, Seven Seeds, and many more!
• Local Australian, all nationalities who possess current and valid visa for Australia (e.g. 417 Working Holiday Visa, 462 Work and Holiday Visa), and foreign talent in Australia (with Student Visa)
• Between 18 to 30 years old
• Fluent in English (IELTS 6.0 score overall or equivalent) - If IELTS results are not available, we can provide an assessment
• Tertiary qualification must be in the area of the nominated internship
• Only open for Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, IT, Logistics / Supply Chain, Marketing placement.
How to Apply 462 Work and Holiday Visa for Indonesian?
Once you received your proper visa, please contact us to apply on our Australia program about 4 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: email@example.com
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Australia
• No Hierarchy - Hierarchy does not really exist in many offices in Australia. You are encouraged to show the same level of respect to everyone in the office, in spite of their position. Overall, Australia has reputation for being pretty laid back. Office dresscode is usually pretty casual, especially in the hotter season. Surprisingly, the use of profanity is pretty usual in the Australian workplace!
• Speak your mind– Most Australians agree that having an unpopular opinion is better than having no opinion at all. So, always try to speak up, your Australian colleagues are generally open to new ideas. Be straightforward and to the point in your communication.
Show modesty– Australians appreciate modesty. In a negotiation, it is best not to be too aggressive. It is better if you stick to the facts and be friendly.
Start your Australia internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Australia.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Australia!