HONGKONG INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
As the biggest financial services hub in Asia, Hong Kong economy is characterized by low taxation and free trade. With its strategic location, Hong Kong has the world's second busiest container port and the world's busiest airport for international cargo. Hong Kong is the place where many multinational companies build their global headquarters. It is also where local mainland companies start their global business. In our Hong Kong Internship Program, you will have plenty of internship position to choose from.
Hong Kong is the Asia's World City, as there are many global influences mixed with its Mainland Chinese’s culture. With this international working environment, Hong Kong attracts workers from all around the world. You will not need to worry about language, because almost everyone speaks English in Hong Kong. With our Hong Kong Internship Program, you will be able to work with people from many different cultures and languages.
Hong Kong Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Hong Kong Internship Program is available anytime along the year for minimum 8 weeks to maximum 24 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday
Suggested Activities in Hong Kong
• Eat Dim Sum like the locals - Snacks on these baskets of steamed dumplings with friends, as it is usually a communal experience. Our recommendations are the Michelin-Starred Tim Ho Wan or the Authentic Lin Heung teahouse
• Visit shopping paradises - There are so many kinds of shopping places in Hong Kong you can choose from. You can haggle for bargained clothing at the Mongkok Ladies Market or you can shop for luxurious brands at IFC Mall.
• Hike the Dragon’s back – This most popular portion of the Hong Kong trail offers a great hiking experience. Reach the Shek O Peak to enjoy the 360-degree views of beaches and the South China Sea.
• Visit the Outlying Islands – With just a short boat ride you can visit some of Hong Kong’s amazing nearby islands. The biggest one will be Lantau Island, where the Hong Kong Disneyland is located.
• Local Hong Kong people, all nationalities eligible for Hong Kong Training Visa(*) and Working Holiday Visa(**), foreign talent in Hong Kong (with valid visa)
• Above 18 years old
• Fluent in English
• A fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin will be a great advantage
(*)Hong Kong Training Visa
According to Hong Kong Immigration Department, Hong Kong Training Visa is NOT eligible for:
- Nationals from Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam; and
- Chinese residents of the Mainland (other than Mainland employees and business associates of well-established and multinational companies based in Hong Kong).
If you are in this group, we would like to invite you to check our other programs.
(**)Working Holiday Visa
Countries that have bilateral Working Holiday Scheme agreement with the HKSAR (as at 1 January 2016):
- Australia (annual quota = 5000)
- Austria (annual quota = 100)
- Canada (annual quota = 200)
- France (annual quota = 500)
- Germany (annual quota = 300)
- Ireland (annual quota = 100)
- Japan (annual quota = 250)
- Korea (Republic of) (annual quota = 1000)
- New Zealand (annual quota = 400)
- United Kingdom (annual quota = 1000)
4 months prior to intended start date (the latest). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Hong Kong
• Work Hard – Hong Kong people value hard work and competence. Working condition is very dynamic and competitive. You will have to work efficiently and smartly. No relaxing on work in Hong Kong.
• Create relationship – In Chinese culture, relationships in business is very important. Avoid being professionally aloof with business partners. It is more about creating relationships, rather than making transactions. Socialize as hard as you work.
Start your Hong Kong internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Hong Kong
Register yourself now with the Application Form
See you soon in Hong Kong!