MELBOURNE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
As Australia’s second largest city, Melbourne is a center of trade and commerce. It is where Australia’s busiest seaport is located, cementing its place as the leading financial center in Asia-Pacific region. With a dynamic work environment and welcoming locals, Melbourne is one of the best cities to work and learn. With our Melbourne Internship Program, you will have the chance to get an internship in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, IT, Logistics / Supply Chain, and Marketing fields.
Melbourne is Australia’s culture capital, with many museums, art galleries and festivals, and vibrant music scene. A very artistic city, it is a center for Australia’s creative industry. As the only city in the world that won the title of the world’s most livable city five consecutive times, it ranks very high in education, health care, entertainment, R&D, tourism, and sport. Another great thing about Melbournians is their love for good food. When you intern in Melbourne, you will be spoiled by abundant choices of Fresh-food, fine coffee, to the best pizza place in Australia. There is no place like Melbourne!
Explore more cities for internship in Australia: Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth!
Melbourne Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Melbourne Internship Program is available anytime along the year for 12 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday.
Suggested Activities in Melbourne
1. Experience Melbourne’s café culture – Australia’s famous cafe culture started in Melbourne way back in the 19th century. The city promised exquisite coffee that you can find almost anywhere. Melbourne even held its own World Championship for Baritas! Try Australia’s best coffee at Patricia Coffee Brewers, Brother Baba Budan, Seven Seeds, and many more!
2. Cheer at world’s famous sporting events - As Australia’s sporting capital, Melbournians are super passionate about their sports. Join the fun in Melbourne’s many sporting events, like the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the Australian Formula One Grand Prix, and the Australian Open Tennis Tournament.
3. Explore Ballarat– The former goldmining town is a living musem that recreates 1850’s mining settlement, Gold Rush era. Head to the Sovereign Hill Museumwhere visitors can try their hand at panning for gold.
• Local Australian,all nationalities who possess current and valid visa for Australia (e.g. 417 Working Holiday Visa, 462 Work and Holiday Visa), and foreign talent in Australia (with Student Visa)
• Between 18 to 30 years old
• Fluent in English (IELTS 6.0 score overall or equivalent) - If IELTS results are not available, we can provide an assessment
• Tertiary qualification must be in the area of the nominated internship
• Only open for Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, IT, Logistics / Supply Chain, Marketing placement.
How to Apply 462 Work and Holiday Visa for Indonesian?
Once you received your proper visa, please contact us to apply on our Australia program about 4 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Melbourne
• Be punctual – Australia’s working culture is not very formal, it is actually pretty laid back. However, being punctual is very important. It is better to arrive a bit early to an appointment, and if you are going to be late, let your appointment know in advance.
• Keep it simple and to the point – Australian are very pretty straightforward in business and you will not need to spent much time to build relationship before doing business. Especially in a meeting, you need to be well prepared andkeep it simple, short and to the point.
• Show modesty– Australians appreciate modesty. In a negotiation, it is best not to be too aggresive. It is better if you stick to the facts and be friendly.
Start your Melbourne internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Melbourne.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Melbourne!