SEOUL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Seoul, the largest metropolis of South Korea, is ranked as the fourth largest metropolitan economy in the world. As the birthplace of K-pop and the Korean Wave, Seoul attracts many people from around the world, making it the world’s 4th largest earner in tourism. The Information Technology industry is also well established while other industry fields that are common to pursue in Seoul are Arts, Fashion, Entrepreneurship, and PR & Marketing.
With our Seoul internship program, you will learn to live and work in a fast-paced culture. Seoul provides countless opportunities to experience the thrill of both a deeply traditional society and a technologically advance infrastructure city. Don’t waste the unique chance to see the intense growth and business culture of South Korea!
Seoul Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Korea Internship Program in available anytime along the year for minimum 4 weeks to maximum 12 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday.
Suggested Activities in Seoul
1.Indulge in Delicious Street Food – You should never go hungry in Seoul, especially when there’s plenty of yummy street food everywhere! Some must-try street food in Seoul include tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes), hotteok (sweet pancakes), kimbap (seaweed rice rolls) and the classic chicken skewers!
2.Feel Like a K-pop Star in SMTOWN@coexartium – If you’re a big fan of K-Pop, head to SMTOWN@coexartium to feel closer to your favourite stars. Not only can you buy K-pop merchandise in SMTOWN, but you can also view SM-related exhibits or watch a live performance. Be an artiste for a day at SMTOWN STUDIO, which offers vocal lessons, photo-shoots and even music video making sessions.
3. Buy Cosmetics at Myeongdong – Myeongdong is a cosmetic-lover’s paradise. You can find all the popular Korean cosmetic brands in Myeongdong, from Innisfree and Etude House to Tony Moly and MISSHA. Look out for the 1+1 (buy one get one free) offers, and don’t be shy to go around collecting free samples!
- Enrolled students (Diploma, Certificate, or Bachelor Studies)
- Above 18 years old
- Intermediate (conversational) English speaker
- A fluency in Korean language will be a great advantage
- The Program is endorsed by your University/Education Institutions
3 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: email@example.com
Advice for Someone Considering Doing internship in Seoul
- Tipping isn’t Necessary – Despite the generally good service provided at restaurants, tipping is not required or expected. Cab drivers, hairdressers, porters and bellboys are certainly grateful for tips, but the culture is simply not practiced among Koreans. If you do decide to tip, the amount is entirely up to you.
- Gift Equate to Graciousness – The exchange of gifts is an important part of Korean life, both in personal and business relationships, and is closely linked to showing respect, maintaining harmony and being courteous. If you are invited to someone’s home, it is customary to bring a small gift, such as flowers or a bottle of wine, to show your graciousness. Gifts are given with two hands, and are never opened in front of the giver.
- There’s no Such Thing as Personal Space – With a population of over 25 million, there is simply no room for personal space in Seoul. As a result, pushing and shoving are not uncommon. If anything, they’re the norm, and not seen as rude gestures. So if you happen to find yourself being elbowed in the subway or pushed while you’re waiting in line for the bathroom, don’t take it personally.
Start your Seoul internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Seoul.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Seoul!