SURABAYA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
This capital city of East Java is known to be a business-driven city, full with factories and industries. It is also the center of commercial, maritime, education, and administrative activities of East Java province. With this condition, Surabaya attracts many well-established corporates and small medium enterprises. In our Surabaya Internship Program, you will experience plenty of hands-on learning and big corporate setting.
Surabaya is called the City of Heroes, where the fiercest battle for Indonesian Independence took place. This battle had then became the national symbol of Indonesian resistance and commemorated in the Monument of Heroes. Surabaya is considered the gateway to East Java, as it it the ideal base to explore many other attractions in East Java.
Surabaya Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Surabaya Internship Program is available anytime along the year for minimum 4 weeks to maximum 24 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Thursday and start the program briefing on Friday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday. We are open to:
- Internships in Marketing
- Internships in Engineering
- Internships in Hospitality
- Internships in Human Resources
- Internships in Computer Science
And many more!
Suggested Activities in Surabaya
1. Try the East Javanese Cuisine – All kinds of unique foods from East Java can be found in Surabaya. Try Rawon – a savoury black beef soup, Rujak Cingur – Spicy Salad with Beef Lips, or Lontong Balap – brown beef soup with lontong (Javanese rice cake), bean sprouts and fried tofu.
2. Hike Mount Bromo – It is a short hike to see the picturesque sunrise and sunset. Be sure to cross the iconic Sea of Sand!
3. Watch Bull Racing (Karapan Sapi) in Madura – From Surabaya, it takes around 3 hours to reach Madura by car. This annual traditional event is held every year from about July through October. Similar to chariot race, the local bulls are paired and a wooden cart is placed on the bulls’ back for the jockey to ride.
4. See the Blue Fire at Kawah Ijen – This rare phenomenon is nature’s greatest light show. You will need to hike for approximately 3 hours to see this amazing beauty.
• Indonesian nationalities, all nationalities eligible for a Social Culture Visa (*), foreign talent in Indonesia (with valid visa)
• Above 18 years old
• Fluent in English
• The Program is endorsed by your University/Education Institutions
*Citizens of most countries can enter Indonesia for an internship with a Social Culture Visa.
2 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: email@example.com
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Surabaya
1. Go with the flow – For the second largest city in Indonesia, Surabaya’s working atmosphere can be pretty laid-back. The people usually care more about relationship and prefer to work in groups.
2. Initiate conversations – Surabaya people are generally pretty friendly and helpful. If you engage them in conversations, they will happily reply.
3. Explore the nearby areas – Surabaya’s location is pretty strategic and it is a good base to start your Indonesian travel. You can find flight as cheap as USD 20 / EUR 18 to Bali or other nearby cities.
Start your Surabaya internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Surabaya
Register yourself now with the Application Form
See you soon in Surabaya!