WELLINGTON INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
With 418.500 residents, Wellington is the second most populous urban area as well as the capital of New Zealand. It is the major population centre of the southern North Island, and is the administrative centre of the Wellington Region. Wellington's economy is primarily service-based, with an emphasis on finance, business services, and government. It is the centre of New Zealand's film and special effects industries, and increasingly a hub for information technology and innovation.
With our Wellington internship program, you will gain professional experience while being surrounded by natural beauty. In addition, Wellington is famous for its craft beer, delicious wine and general coffee culture. Referred to as the cultural capital, Wellington is your internship destination where you will never get bored!
These are some industries available for internship in New Zealand: Business, Engineering, Psychology, Construction & Urban Planning, Education, Marketing, Broadcasting, Film, Journalism, IT, Sciences, Legal, Conservation Management, Arts, Fashion, Design.
Wellington Internship Program Start Dates and Duration
Our Wellington Internship Program is available from all along the year for 6 - 20 weeks. Check our package and pricing!
We would suggest that you to arrive on a Friday and start the program briefing on Saturday. Then you can rest on the weekend and start the internship bright and early on Monday.
Suggested Activities in Melbourne
- Explore Te Papa Tongarewa – This New Zealand’s innovative and interactive (and FREE!) national museum is also known as “Our Place.” Explore the great treasures and stories of this country – its unique natural environment, Maori culture, art heritage, and fascinating history.
- Visit Weta Cave in Miramar district – Get up close to the artistry behind 20 years of filmmaking creativity and practical effects with the Weta Cave Workshop Tour. Discover the people, processes and props that make imaginary worlds a reality.
- Go Get Your Coffee – Named as one of the top 8 coffee cities in the world by CNN, Wellington knows its brews and beans. You’re spoilt for choice in New Zealand’s coffee capital and it’s pretty tough to go wrong, but for a typically Wellington brew and vibe, Flight Coffee’s The Hangar is a good place to start.
• Local New Zealand people, all nationalities eligible for Work Holiday Visa or Student and Trainee Work Visa (ONLY for students who need to get academic credit from your University/Education Institutions)
• English language equivalent to 6.5 on the IELTS scale
• Above 18 years old
• Fluent in English
4 months prior to the intended start date (the latest). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Someone Considering Doing Internship in Wellington
- Finding Wi-Fi can be Hard – New Zealand in general is not incredibly wi-fi friendly, but Wellington is perhaps the friendliest city in the country thus far. As well as free wi-fi being offered at all McDonalds locations and a handful of cafes, the city also offers free wireless Internet along the Waterfront.
- You will Enjoy Walking – Wellington is SUPER walkable, thanks to it being quite compact. You could easily get by with just your feet as transportation if you really enjoy walking. If not, though, Wellington also has a great bus system that’s pretty affordable. If you’re going further (into the remote suburbs or to other cities), there are also trains.
- You might Need a Phrasebook – Yes, people in New Zealand speak English but there are some phrases that might get you confused. What they call 'tomato sauce' is what you call 'ketchup'. What you call 'tomato sauce', they call 'pasta sauce'. You can find a handy guide to Kiwi slang for travellers here.
Start your Wellington internship journey with a simple application process.
Please contact our Bright Internships team to help you plan your program. Bright Internships will guide you to set up your dream internship, assist in the visa and pre-departure process, and provide local support in Wellington.
Register yourself now with the Application Form.
See you soon in Wellington!